Re: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting

Subject: Re: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting
From: Major Johnson <major -dot- johnson -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

Kimberly:

I'm not in a position to respond directly to your questions, because I'm no longer employed as a technical writer by a "real" company (other than Major-Ideas, my own little writing shop). But I'm getting familiar with business white papers, because I hope to start writing them for real companies as a freelancer.

There's lots of information and a forum about writing and using white papers at Michael Stelzner's site www.whitepapersource.com. I think it might be helpful to you.

Good luck,

--- Major
major -dot- johnson -at- pobox -dot- com

Kimberly McClintock wrote:

[[ I'm building a tech writing department & I have
some questions, thought I'd throw out an informal
survey... How many of you are involved in editing
white papers written by the executives? Wish you
could be, but aren't included? Have found it
doesn't work somehow (politically!!)? What is your
relationship with marketing? How have the
standards you set for your own docs been
disseminated and implemented in other written
materials? How much of a stickler are you?

Thanks, Kimberly ]]