Re: Technical writing in the development process

Subject: Re: Technical writing in the development process
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Me Too" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:20:02 -0700

I think that for most of us things are somewhere in between, and
that's not necessarily "bad" or "better." What matters is that you
and the company are in synch as to what role you want to play and
what role they want you to play, and that you receive the clear
direction and support from your management that you need to be
successful in that role. There is no particular reason why you as
a tech writer must or must not be involved in the development
process to any particular extent, so long as the extent to which
you are involved satisfies your job performance and satisfaction
needs. There are probably plenty of day laborers who have no great desire to be involved in the design of the buildings they work on.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>