Standard Doc Review Cycle-Online/Print Help

Subject: Standard Doc Review Cycle-Online/Print Help
From: "Gurpreet Singh" <gurpreet2311 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:00:22 +0900

Hi Friends,

I have a few questions regarding the reviews of documents and I hope
that industry peers might be able to provide me few answers/suggestion
over this.

Are there any industry defined specific review/test cycles that one
can apply in testing or reviewing documents, for both online and print
media? Are these different for print and online help?

Does STC, or any similar organization provides guidelines/best
practices over this?

What kind of review process does your organization use, for both
online and print media?

Is the review process for online help different from the review of
print manuals? If yes, then what are the major differences between
both.

Thanks you very much for your valuable time and thanks in advance to
those who will reply.

PS. I tried to search STC and other similar organizations but failed
to get some good information on the subject. Is it because I'm not a
member and this kind of information is only for members?

Gurpreet