Re: Article: Document or else

Subject: Re: Article: Document or else
From: Lou Quillio <public -at- quillio -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 21:06:31 -0400

eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com wrote:
> But consider any "open" solution. It's going to be no more functional and
> exchangeable than a workflow that used one of the above formats if the two
> users aren't using EXACTLY the same tool chain and work environment.

No. It's about where you source. Some kinds of source go anywhere,
others are limited.

Religious wars may interest some folks. My interest is irreligious.
How about no catechism? How about owning your data, all of it,
completely?

Think you can't, think there must be a proprietary tool-layer?
That's a choice. There doesn't have to be.

LQ