Re: Getting into technical writng

Subject: Re: Getting into technical writng
From: "Christopher A. Kess" <poeticgold -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff (et. al),

First, thank you for taking the time to answer this
question. I'm a newbie of sorts in technical writing
and I was about to ask the same question.

I have a question about this item in your message:

"3. Don't wait to start your portfolio. If you're
currently working, find things around the office that
you can document. If you're not, you
might be able to volunteer with a charity group,
church, or other non-profit organization and write for
them. If nothing else, look for things
around the house that you can document. I'd also
suggest checking with the school to see if internship
positions are available."

Can you elaborate on "things around the house that you
can document"? Document them how? In terms of
"how-to's"?

Thanks.

- Chris

http://mail.yahoo.com