Re: Documentum experience?

Subject: Re: Documentum experience?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Scott Borack <sborack -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

Scott...I work for EMC, the company who owns Documentum. I'm going to
be painfully blunt.

Documentum is a huge application. You're right, it is content
management. It is probably the largest and most sophisticated content
management application out there.

In my opinion, with how little you know about it, being new to
technical writing, and the apparent inability to do a single search
on the name, I doubt that you can do it.

Don't feel too bad...I'm WITH EMC, I've been a tech writer for almost
20 years, and I've used Documentum, and I doubt I could be a trainer
on it.

--- Scott Borack <sborack -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi all - I'm working on getting an interview for a trainer
> position, which
> requires training end users on the program 'Documentum.' I was
> wondering if
> anyone has any experience in this program, and if so, what can you
> tell me
> about it? Also, do you know where i may find out more about it?
> (i.e.
> websites, etc.) It may be used for content management, I'm
> thinking. I'm
> relatively new to technical writing field, as this would probably
> be a good
> career opportunity for me. Thanks in advance.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."