RE: Frame and Missing Fonts

Subject: RE: Frame and Missing Fonts
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Shenton, David \(DTRN\)" <david -dot- shenton -at- smithsdetection -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:03:38 -0700

By definition, your document contains a font that is not installed on
your computer. You surely have fonts installed, but not those that
FrameMaker is looking for.

You really have to check in many different places for font usage. I
discovered this the hard way, after searching diligently for *weeks*!

Consider these issues:
* text frames in reference pages use fonts. They may not contain
anything, but they refer to fonts.
* variables, cross-reference formats, and tables can refer to character
tags that don't exist, and those tags refer to fonts. Same goes for
paragraph tags.
* Body, master, and reference pages may contain text frames that you
can't "see" unless you select them with the pointer in the Graphics
Tools bar. I found a whole *bunch* of those.
* A cheap trick. Save the document to MIF, then search the MIF file for
the font name. With the MIF reference manual and a bit of detective
work, you may find the offending font.