RE: Adobe Acrobat 3D

Subject: RE: Adobe Acrobat 3D
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: <eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:36:03 -0400

Yes, I must've missed something or fallen asleep. You give a distinctly different impression than what I got out of the webinar. Likely, if I attended the same face-to-face presentation, I'd have gotten a better feel for it. After the webinar, I had very few reasons for pursuing it any further. I'll look into again.

Eric wrote:

> I think you missed lots of the possibilities. ... You can create the views
> (sections, transparencies, selected parts), rotations, animations, and much
> more with Acrobat 3D. All things that are very limited or impossible
> through Voloview for dwgs and dwfs."

Eric, I also think you may be understating the usefulness of the DWF viewer. No, it won't move parts, but it does have transparency, cross sections and the ability to turn layers and components on and off. You can isolate any combination of parts and get right into the heart of any assembly.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com