RE: Table of Contents in Word - Make into hyperlinks

Subject: RE: Table of Contents in Word - Make into hyperlinks
From: "Rick Bishop" <rickbishop -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:21:51 -0500

Maria: I assume that you have the full version of Acrobat 6 or 7 installed AFTER MS Office is installed and you have an Acrobat toolbar and menu in Word.
1. Click the Adobe PDF menu and choose Change Conversion Settings.
2. The Adobe PDFMaker dialog box opens. It contains tabs with a number of different options.
3. Choose Standard from the Conversion Settings pop-up menu on the Settings tab, embed your fonts, etc.
4. The View Adobe PDF results option should also be checked to ensure that the converted ïle will display automatically.
5. Next, look under the Application Settings heading and verify that the Add Links To Adobe PDF option is checked so that any hyperlinks in your document will be automatically converted to Acrobat links.
You don't need a 3rd party application to convert Word links to Acrobat links. If control-click works in Word, it will work in Acrobat every time.
6. Once your settings are changed, then you can just click the "Make PDF" button for the next document.
Let me know if you have any other conversion issues.
Rick Bishop