Re: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: Re: Reviewers who don't review
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: Edgar D' Souza <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:26:01 -0400

It didn't annoy me. As you could see in my reply, I found it humorous;
however, any form of political commentary easy moves the discussion away
from technical writing, which is the focus of this listserv. I think that
is what Dan was referring to. It's hard enough to keep us civil when we
talk about comma placement, or whether it should be "e-mail" or "email."
Al
Edgar D' Souza wrote:

Oops!
Apologies - I didn't mean to be "political" as such. I was trying to
be a little humorous, and illustrate a point - that there's no
explaining how people behave. I'm sorry if the specific examples I
used annoyed you (that goes for all the list members).
And no, this wasn't any "going to extraordinary lengths to be
political". I'm personally disinterested in politics in America other
than as news items - I live and work in India, and vote here. I'll
apologize again if anyone thought I was trying to influence the course
of the next elections in the US of A through my post...
Ed.
On 8/2/06, Al Geist [1]<al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com> wrote:

As much as I dislike the present administration, Dan is right. There is
no need to go to extraordinary lengths to sneak political comments onto
the listserv.
Al
Dan Goldstein wrote:
> [...]
of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified
that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or
the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please
notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message
immediately thereafter. Thank you.

easy. Watch the demo at [3]http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

>---
>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
[4]al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com -dot-

>or visit
[6]http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/al.geist%40geistasso
ciates.com

--
Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award
Winning Videos, Professional Photography
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: [10]al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
[11]<mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
prints
for home or office and note cards for all occasions)
"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry
about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang
delivery. Try it today! [16]http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that
easy. Watch the demo at [17]http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as [18]edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
[20]http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/edgar.b.dsouza%40gm
ail.com
To subscribe, send a blank email to [21]techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Send administrative questions to [22]lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
[23]http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award
Winning Videos, Professional Photography
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: [24]al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com

See also: