RE: Issue about logo

Subject: RE: Issue about logo
From: <laura_johnson -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: <GailDeZ -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:18:49 -0600

Both these things are commonly done, and it's not up to the tech writer to determine the policy. This needs to be part of the legal contract between company X and company Y. The user manual will show the same logo or brand as that shown in the software itself.

The decision of whose branding is on the software depends on a lot of things -- product support policies, intellectual property issues, and lawyerly stuff that I know not of (and don't want to). Get the right answer for the particular product from your product manager or lawyer and follow it scrupulously.

regards,
Laura Johnson
Learning Products Engineer
Agilent Technologies