RE: Breaking into the tech writing job market

Subject: RE: Breaking into the tech writing job market
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mike Schmidt <mschmidt -at- weathercentral -dot- tv>, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 06:25:20 -0700 (PDT)

> I wouldn't say that necessarily. I've seen manuals that were
> obviously written by engineers who, first of all, couldn't
> write a sentence

Who said anything about engineers? I'm talking about skilled
technical writers. A skilled technical writer is not an
engineer...s/he is a technical writer with the ability to write for a
targeted audience, even if that target is a novice user.

Writing like a novice requires no skill. Writing FOR a novice
requires more skill than for an expert.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."