Re: MadCap Nightmare

Subject: Re: MadCap Nightmare
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "Donald H. White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:50:23 -0400

I totally agree that the licensed user should not be responsible to fix bugs. My question was whether the ranter ever talked to the vendor about the problems. It wasn't clear in the anonymous rant and because of that...we, the readers of his/her tirade, never understood if it was a local hardware/software problem, or a real bug. Later responders indicated that some of the complaints were real, but also stated that MadCap was good at responding to their queries. If the manufacturer does not know about the problem, how can they fix the problem. If they know and don't fix the problem...now we have a real reason to rant.

And as for buggy software....I'm sure everyone remembers WIndows 3.0, or maybe DOS 4.0, or what about PageMaker 4.0?????

Al

Donald H. White wrote:

It does seem that others have experienced problems similar to those given
voice by Anonymous, and that those others have tried working with the
vendor. To little avail, apparently.

Besides, the onus is NOT on the licensed user to fix problems. Rather, the
vendor should. A bug or two, that's pretty normal. Buggy? That's not. So, it
doesn’t matter to me whether the anonymous messenger has ever e-mailed or
called MadCap.

Donald H. White
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor
James River Technical Communications LLC
804.795.2914
dwhite -at- jrtcllc -dot- com
www.jrtcllc.com

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang