Re: WebWorks .chm file

Subject: Re: WebWorks .chm file
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:31:36 -0500

Okay.

Map level-one lists to Smartlist1.

Map level-two lists to Smartlist2.

Etc.

A level-one list is a top-level list. A level-two list is a second level
list. It doesn't matter if the list is ordered or unordered.

If you have a list within a list, the first list is higher than the second
list.

You cannot, and logically should not, shift from a level one numbered list
to a level one bulleted list without a break, and vice-versa.

Numbering for lists restarts if there's a style that interrupts the list.

If you have a style that you don't want to interrupt a list, in WWP change
the definition of this list and check the box that indicates "indented
relavtive."

On 8/11/06, Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:

Hello All,

I'm having problems generating a .chm file. Specifically, I don't have a
lot of time to make changes to the style mappings in between
regenerations. I am by no means a WebWorks Professional for Frame 2003
expert, but I'll do my best to describe the problem.

I have several custom Source Styles from Frame (BulletIndent2_tight,
etc.), and am having difficulty figuring out how to map these in
WebWorks. For example, my NumberedList from Frame is mapped to a SmartList
in WWpro3k. What comes out is a mess. Some step procedures are all #1s,
instead of 1-10. Some of the numbering appears as follows: 1, 1, 3, 4, 1,
1.

I should have had this chm file delivered today, but I think I can stretch
this to the middle of next week. What's the best way to map my styles so
that I'm not spending 20 minutes generating the file only to go back, make
some edits, and generate it again?

T.

STC-Connecticut Chapter Fall Kickoff "Elis on Whitney," Hamden CT,
September 30 6pm
http://www.stc-ct.org