Re: Podcasts for Customer Support

Subject: Re: Podcasts for Customer Support
From: "Tom Johnson" <lists -at- idratherbewriting -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:34:12 -0400

Although podcasting may not be appropriate for detailed, step-by-step oriented instructions, it can be helpful if someone explained the full capabilities of software, expounding on what it can do, how this and that can be applied.

Podcasting is more for conceptual information than anything else -- because you listen to podcasts while you're doing something else. I listen to podcasts when I'm playing basketball, mowing my lawn, driving, working out. I feel it is a waste of my time if I'm not taking advantage of a podcast, if I'm able to do so.

By the way, we recorded our last chapter meeting and put it as a podcast on Hyperviews: http://stc-on.org/online/topics/content-management/2006/08/15/writing-for-the-online-world-podcast/