Re: How do you test/try to break a Word template?

Subject: Re: How do you test/try to break a Word template?
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:08:53 +0530

Jonathan, Geoff: thank you for the answers.

To sum up:
There is no single answer. Think of everything nasty and unexpected
that I could do to the template (/docs based on it) and see if the
thing holds together after I do those nasty things... :-)

Karen:
Considering my query is about how to test a template, I'm obviously
more amazed than you :-)
And no, it hasn't (yet) gone to casual users - it's been poked and
prodded by a team of writers and seems to weather mild abuse. I agree
that the first "user" that works with this and hits the numbered list
button instead of applying a style will probably break it.. :)

We've had enough problems of our own with Word, especially with
numbered lists and their indentation changing on restarting numbering.
Enough to know that if that template stood up to testing, it sure
doesn't yield *me* any credit! :-) Probably just means Word was in a
good mood... sighhh...

Regards,
Ed.