Re: Contract for a book

Subject: Re: Contract for a book
From: strickla -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "R. Armstrong" <rarmstrong -at- alpha -dot- ipswitch -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:38:50 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

You can figure a maximum of 4 hours per page for research, typesetting,
and proofing. However, as you are a SME, you will probably keep the per
page time under 2 hours. At $50 per hour, that is $5000. Pretty cheap, I
think. But you can charge what you like. They are probably looking to pay
you whatever your rate calculates in hours presently. If you are making
$60K per year, that is about $30/hour.

Bob