Re: IIBA Certification

Subject: Re: IIBA Certification
From: "Barry Campbell" <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:56:27 -0400

On 8/24/06, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

So just out of curiosity, what certifications did your current
employer require you to have in order to be hired?

I'm a tech pubs manager, my job is probably 70% project
management and business processes. Nobody required any
certifications in either from me, either, beyond the
assurances of some of my past bosses and clients that I
was good at it.

I'm a proposal manager; the biggest part of my job is project
management, and since the company I write proposals for does process
consulting, business analysis and a general understanding of IT
processes are also very important elements of my skill set.

My company didn't require *any* certifications before they hired me;
they were more interested in my experience. Once they hired me,
though, they spent a lot of time and money making sure I had the
appropriate product and process training.

- bc, who is now probably entitled to list a whole bunch of goofy
stuff after his name (ITIL Foundations certified, PRINCE2 Registered
Practitioner, member of the Richard Thompson Fan Club, life member of
the National Association of Railroad Passengers, etc.)

--
Barry Campbell <barry -at- campbell-online -dot- com>
http://campbell-online.com