RE: Editing test on my website

Subject: RE: Editing test on my website
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:51:10 -0500

Quite so, Bonnie, and no matter how many editing tests they administer,
they may have only one job to offer.

But the other question that arises is whether the editing test factors
at any significant level into whether you can do the job and do it the
way they want it done. If not, they're wasting their time and yours.
I've seen tests both incredibly basic, incredibly extraneous, or both.
When you think about how you normally work and what you know the
employer needs, they're often frustrating exercises with little or no
predictive validity.