Re: Proposal tracking software?

Subject: Re: Proposal tracking software?
From: "Barry Campbell" <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:10:27 -0400

On 8/25/06, Susan Hogarth <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Need proposal tracking software - preferably free :)

We do mostly government contracts (blech), and I need a way to track
what's been done, is being done, and will (or ought to be) done.

Proposal tracking (and creation) software certainly exists, but it's
usually quite expensive.

To do what you're describing, you might be able to get by with just a
shared calendar. If you don't have such a thing already in your
internal toolset, Google Calendar is free, and ought to fill the bill
for a small workgroup:

http://www.google.com/calendar/

For small-group project management that is extremely affordable but
not free (well, it's free to try, but runs into a few bucks a month if
you use it much beyond a very basic level) I highly recommend Basecamp
from 37Signals: http://www.basecamphq.com/

Basecamp is completely web-based, does simple scheduling, lets you
assign and track to-do items, share files, etc. You can learn it very
quickly (and so can your other team members); it is minimal by design
and Just Works.

- bc, proposal manager

--
Barry Campbell <barry -at- campbell-online -dot- com>
http://campbell-online.com