Re: PPT to Training document conversion procedure

Subject: Re: PPT to Training document conversion procedure
From: Craig -dot- Hadden -at- toyota -dot- com -dot- au
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:37:15 +1000

Svi Ben-Elya wrote:
> Word's Find and Replace cannot find a
> graphic followed by 2 paragraph marks (^g^p^p)

It works for me (in Word 2002) -- with "Use wildcards" switched off.

To make it work with "Use wildcards" switched on, use ^g^13^13 instead.

> It also cannot find a field followed by 2 paragraph marks (^d^p^p).

I don't have a solution for that one!

> I'm not sure that I can replace that with the graphic or
> field and only one paragraph mark.

For a graphic, switch on "Use wildcards" and use the following lines for
"Find what" and "Replace with" respectively:
(^g)^13^13
\1^p

("\1" means "the 1st expression, as marked by parentheses".)

Warning: Don't use ^13 in the "Replace with" box, or you'll replace real
paragraph marks (carriage-return/linefeed pairs) with invalid ones
(linefeeds only), which look the same in your document but aren't!

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Craig Hadden
Technical Writing Consultant
Toyota Financial Services
www.financialservices.toyota.com.au

This e-mail transmission is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential information. Confidentiality is not waived if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, nor may you use, review, disclose, disseminate or copy any information contained in or attached to it. If you received this e-mail in error please delete it and any attachments and notify us immediately by reply e-mail.

TFS does not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or other defects. You assume all liability for any loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening or using the attachments.