Re: Editing test on my website

Subject: Re: Editing test on my website
From: "Sammon, Tim" <tim -dot- sammon -at- cepheid -dot- com>
To: "'bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com'" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:18:15 -0700

Hi, Bonnie.

I didn't see your thread on the Tech Writer list until it had fizzled.
Anyway, I felt compelled to reply.

To me, any over-complicated or pedantic responses to simple questions are to
be politely acknowledged and then ignored. Moral tirades, as well. Also,
keep in mind that the advice you get online includes that of your
competition. Anyway, copyright infringement of this nature is a victimless
crime-if posting an example of your work even qualifies as such, which in my
opinion it doesn't.

As a tech writer with 10+ years contracting experience, I have used as
samples anything that would benefit me. It has never been an issue, morally,
legally, or otherwise. My position: Post with impunity and absolute
authority anything that you are proud of. If you're contacted by a lawyer-
Actually, nevermind. That will never happen. Certainly, you have bigger fish
to fry than the copyright issues and I wish you the best of luck in your
pursuit.

Best regards,

tes