Re: [Tools] Images shaded in Acrobat

Subject: Re: [Tools] Images shaded in Acrobat
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>, "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:32:38 -0700

I've had this experience in the past, and the fix was to
turn off one of the compression settings because
compression on document files that contained already
compressed images such as jpgs caused Distiller to
mistake the compression artifacts in the images for
greyscale screens. I'll need to go through some of
my old notes, because I don't remember which one.
However, if all your images are compressed before
you put them into the document, compression in the
PDF process doesn't reduce file size very much and
you can probably just turn them all off.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Pehrson" <paulpehrson -at- gmail -dot- com>

I am creating my documentation in Frame, and I'm printing to PDF. My PDFs
look great, but when I print them, all the images are shaded about 10 to 15%
darker than they are in Frame or in Acrobat, such that my white backgrounds
all look grey and all my images are all too dark. This happens on every
image I print.

The backgrounds look white in Acrobat. It's just when I print them that they
go dark. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can tweak settings to
make the images print correctly?