RE: Word emailing a doc question

Subject: RE: Word emailing a doc question
From: "sbuckley" <sbuckley -at- onlinewriter -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:58:17 -0700

Sending a file as "for Review" is most useful when your team has a shared
location on a network server or Web discussion server. The flag
automatically reminds viewers to respond, they can use review options such
as placing comments in the text, and they can see other reviewers' comments.
I have found when a team uses these features I get very useful responses,
because they are more likely to respond and, since they can see other
reviewers' comments, sometimes work out issues during the review.

If the team is unfamiliar with advanced features in Word, I've found it very
difficult to convince them to learn about such features just for a doc
review. At that point regular attachments or print outs get better

A good tactic to get your team to learn about such Word features is to
convince them to use the features for other product development activities,
such as spec reviews. Then you can transfer the same skills to doc reviews.