Re: Tutorial Sites - The RFP Machine and RFP Express

Subject: Re: Tutorial Sites - The RFP Machine and RFP Express
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Stephens, Melissa L." <Melissa -dot- Stephens -at- pmsionline -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:54:45 +0530

On 9/13/06, Stephens, Melissa L. <Melissa -dot- Stephens -at- pmsionline -dot- com> wrote:

Great hits on MS Project, Ed!
I'm getting acquainted with these two systems, and aside from the remote
training, I was hoping for a few pointers. The database is slowed with
an overbroad use of keywords (company is one), and I need to retool it
quickly. Also, many of the latest answers are yet to go into the
database. Any Ideas? I am pushing answers in one at a time, but would
treasure just "loading" the newer answers, and "expiring" the old ones,
like SANT did. I also needed to learn how to display the last edited/
used dates in our sorts - even when current is in, the old linger :-(.

Thanks - but that was an easy search. Your search for RFP Machine, on
the other hand, seems to turn up only marketing-speak ads for the
system. I suspect that the product documentation, or their
helpdesk/support center would be a better place to ask for help about
bulk loads or batch operations on the database. If, as is likely, they
use a well-known RDBMS for storage, then it should be possible to do
bulk loads. Experimenting with the database without understanding its
structure isn't a wise thing to do, though :-)

Regards,
Ed.