Re: Acrobat mailing list

From: "Samuel Wright" <lykoszine -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:30:44 +0100

> Does anybody know of an Adobe Acrobat mailing list (official or
> otherwise)? I'm hitting also sorts of number oddness when generating
> pdfs.

Cheers for the links.

On 14/09/06, Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:
forums. However, "number weirdness" sounds more like a problem in your
source application. What kind of number weirdness?

Dick, I am using AuthorIT to publish to word 2000, and then converting
to pdf with Acrobat 7. So there is not danger of there being any
unstructured text or odd styling in the document.

I'm having two issues, one is indentation. Often my second (and
subsequent) chapters are indented within my first chapter. (I'm
generating bookmarks from H1,2,3)

Also some of the bookmarks have the chapter number (eg, 2.4.1), and
some don't. This seems often but not always related to having an
alphanumeric string at the start of the chapter title.