poets as tech writers and programmers

Subject: poets as tech writers and programmers
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:17:50 -0400

Richard Hugo, one of the best and most accessible of modern poets, was a
technical writer for Boeing.

I'm no Richard Hugo, but I am a lightly published poet, a technical
writer, and a former programmer. My pay was on a par with the pay of
other, more prosaically-trained technical writers and programmers.

- Jessica Weissman