Re: IE Blocking Active Content

Subject: Re: IE Blocking Active Content
From: "Char James-Tanny" <charjtf -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:13:07 -0400

Hi, Keith :-)

In some situations, Internet Explorer (IE) blocks active content. To
view the active content, you have to select an option that allows such
content to be displayed. For example, I came across this situation:

Among other things, the situation is when you open files that include
JavaScript calls.

* I'm creating my help system in RoboHelp (using WebHelp).

<snip>

HERE'S MY QUESTION: When my end users go to access the help system, will
they experience this problem too? If so, what's the best way to handle
it? I don't want my end users viewing the help system with no TOC,
etc., displayed!

If your users will be installing the WebHelp output locally (on their
own hard drive), then yes, they will see these messages. However, if
the WebHelp is run over a server, then the messages will not display.

Char James-Tanny ~ JTF Associates, Inc. ~ http://www.helpstuff.com
Please send follow-up questions to the list.
Contact me directly (CharJT at helpstuff dot com) with business inquiries.
2005-2006 Microsoft Help MVP ~ MSHelpWiki http://www.mshelpwiki.com
AuthorIT Certified Consultant, Development, and Training
Moderator, HATT and MSHelp2
STC Secretary, 2006-2008
STC Online Information SIG: Online Help Lead
Web site Hosting and Design ~ http://www.jtfhosting.com