RE: R-E-S-P-E-C-T me! (Please!)?

Subject: RE: R-E-S-P-E-C-T me! (Please!)?
From: "Mike Schmidt" <mschmidt -at- weathercentral -dot- tv>
To: "Diane Brennan" <dalaine00 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Robotti, Anne \(Carlin\)" <ARobotti -at- CarlinGroup -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:28:10 -0500

I don't know if this quite fits in this subject, but I just had to
share. We have/had a big software release that was to go out
yesterday... but didn't. On Friday, I was told I had to do whatever it
takes to have the manual ready... so I took it all home on my geek
stick, and a printout on paper. Sunday was beautiful, so I sat out on
the deck with my 12-year-old son. He did his homework while I did mine.

At one point, I had to check his math, so, while I did that, I gave him
the red pen and the manual and told him what I was looking for.

Oh, I was updating an existing manual with stuff submitted to me by
someone else (who did not follow the writing conventions I hand out to
everyone who submits stuff to me). So he had to look for those
specifics.

He went nuts. I couldn't believe how well he did. By the time I finished
checking he math, he'd practically emptied my red pen.

This is a resource I shall use again.