RE: (no subject)

Subject: RE: (no subject)
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: <b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:21:38 -0700

b -dot- hennessey -at- att -dot- net wrote:

> Are there any tricks for dealing with distinguishing a captial I from
> number 1? Have you found any one font to be easier on the eye than
> another? I'm writing code and the capital I in our default font for
> code is not clearly distinguished.

Bobbi:

After trying every monospaced font I could find, I finally settled on
8-point Lucida Console for code (and email). I don't have problems
distinguishing between the letter "I" and the numeral "1", and it looks
a LOT better on screen than the other fonts (just my opinion, of
course).

You may or may not care that Lucida Console's numeral "0" isn't
slashed... I find that its letter "O" is different-enough from the
numeral "0", but I know some people find those two characters hard to
distinguish.

Your editor may also be configurable to display numbers in a different
color from everything else... That can help a lot.

-Andrew

=== Andrew Warren - awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com
=== Synaptics, Inc - Santa Clara, CA