Re: re poets as tech writers and programmers

Subject: Re: re poets as tech writers and programmers
From: Lori Olcott <lori_olcott -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

While I can't say anything about their poetry, I would think that poets
have a leg up on other cross-training tech writers. Poets are more
accustomed to setting their words in a structured format and adhering to
additional rules beyond those of normal communications. They'd also tend
to be more sensitive to the metric flow of the document. Most people
"hear" the words as they read, so how a document "sounds" can affect how
well it is received.

That said, I can also imagine comma splices being the bane of an e e
cummings fan.

Tah,
Lori

http://mail.yahoo.com