Re: Too old?

Subject: Re: Too old?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:04:45 -0700 (PDT)

My resume used to contain references that gave clues
to my age. For example, where I mentioned my military
experience, I stated I had been stationed in *West*
Germany. A few years ago I carefully trimmed my resume
to remove any possible clues to my age, and since then
I've noticed the number of responses I get went up
significantly.

I'm utterly convinced I wouldn't have my current job
if I hadn't dyed my beard. That took at least 10 years
off my apparent age. I work mainly for software
development companies, where the workforce is
dominated by youngsters. In an industry where death
march projects have become the norm, employers are
reluctant to hire anyone who looks too old.

--- Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>

http://mail.yahoo.com