RE: Too old?

Subject: RE: Too old?
From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:25:53 -0400

Nope. I work for a software/hardware company stocked mainly with guys
in their 20s and 30s. They hired me despite the fact that I have socks
that are older than some of them.

All I had to do was laugh at some programmer jokes and prove that my
technical knowledge and writing skills were what they wanted.

It was easier getting hired here in my 50s than getting hired as a
non-manager for the standard Beltway Bandit consulting company. Those
companies have trouble believing that there's nothing wrong with you if
you haven't become a manager by the time you hit 50.

Jessica Weissman
Hillcrest Labs