RE: Too old?

Subject: RE: Too old?
From: "Poshedly, Ken" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>
To: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>, "Sean Wheller" <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:53:24 -0400

And David,

Speaking of dealing with 20-something HR people really opens this entire
discussion up to really how mis-perceived we - as human beings - are as
we age and even how HR and hiring managers use preconceived notions as
to who is "wrong" for a particular job and how wrong THEY can be.

Biggest example = J.K. Rowling

As I've heard it, the woman was a single mom, on welfare and couldn't
get a publisher to taker her seriously no matter what. She goes to a
gender-neutral-sounding name gets a contract and the talent she has is
finally allowed to reward her with her now being among the richest women
in in Britain.

Maybe a little of this is a bit off, but this is what I've heard.