RE: Weird words

Subject: RE: Weird words
From: "Sam Beard" <sam -dot- beard -at- ctes -dot- com>
To: <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:25:36 -0700

Tom,

Yeah, tell me about it! I just started a new job in the oil and gas
industry, after previous jobs in IT and Telecomms, as well as state
government. The first time I saw that one, as well as its mate RIH, I
wondered what the heck they meant, as well. I was able to figure it out
from the context, eventually, but they still look kinda funny!
The fun thing, I think, is going to be keeping all the various
industry acronyms straight! I was in the Air Force for 10 years, so
there's that set of acronyms. Then, the IT and Telecomm industries, with
their own acronyms, and then the federal and state governments with
theirs, and now the oil and gas industry! Sometimes, I have to stop and
think, when I hear an acronym, about the context and which industry I'm
talking about, so that I now how to connect it in my brain to a relevant
response!

Sam Beard
Technical Communications - Special Projects
CTES - LP
936 521-2241