RE: Open vs Appear,Yet Again (was: "RE: WG: Newbie question - GUI terminology")

Subject: RE: Open vs Appear,Yet Again (was: "RE: WG: Newbie question - GUI terminology")
From: Kevin Amery <kamery -at- opentext -dot- com>
To: "'vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net'" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:16:55 -0400

The problem (to me at least) with "is displayed" is it's passive voice.
"Opens" or "appears" is active voice.

Kevin Amery
Technical Writer, Hummingbird Connectivity

Open Text Corporation
Street address
ZIP code town (or vice versa in the USA)
COUNTRY (in caps)

Phone: +1 (416)496-2200-2402
e-mail: kamery -at- opentext -dot- com
Web site: http://www.opentext.com

This e-mail is protected by domestic and international copyright laws and
treaties and is the property of Open Text Corporation, it may contain
confidential and/or trade secret information of the Open Text Corporation
and/or its subsidiaries (OTC), and may be subject to legal privilege in
favor of OTC. This e-mail may only be lawfully received, accessed, displayed
on a computer screen, printed, copied, and/or used by the specific
addressee(s) named above ("Authorized Recipient") for the purpose for which
it was sent by OTC. All other rights and licenses to this e-mail are fully
reserved to OTC. If you are not an Authorized Recipient, you are required to
immediately delete this e-mail in its entirety without printing, copying,
using, and/or re-transmitting this e-mail, either in whole or in part. The
transmission of this e-mail by OTC is not to be construed as a waiver by OTC
and/or the individual sending this e-mail on behalf of OTC of any of their
respective rights or privileges at law or otherwise, howsoever arising.