RE: Open vs Appear,Yet Again

Subject: RE: Open vs Appear,Yet Again
From: Kevin Amery <kamery -at- opentext -dot- com>
To: "'Janice Gelb'" <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:45:25 -0400

True, it's not necessarily evil, but since "opens," "appears," and even
"displays" (as opposed to "is displayed") are such easy alternatives, I
don't see why you would want to go passive in this case. I don't think you
gain anything, at any rate.

Kevin Amery
Technical Writer, Research and Development

Open Text Corporation
1 Sparks Ave.
North York, ON. M2H 2W1
CANADA

Phone: +1 (416)496-2200-2402
e-mail: kamery -at- opentext -dot- com
Web site: http://www.opentext.com

This e-mail is protected by domestic and international copyright laws and
treaties and is the property of Open Text Corporation, it may contain
confidential and/or trade secret information of the Open Text Corporation
and/or its subsidiaries (OTC), and may be subject to legal privilege in
favor of OTC. This e-mail may only be lawfully received, accessed, displayed
on a computer screen, printed, copied, and/or used by the specific
addressee(s) named above ("Authorized Recipient") for the purpose for which
it was sent by OTC. All other rights and licenses to this e-mail are fully
reserved to OTC. If you are not an Authorized Recipient, you are required to
immediately delete this e-mail in its entirety without printing, copying,
using, and/or re-transmitting this e-mail, either in whole or in part. The
transmission of this e-mail by OTC is not to be construed as a waiver by OTC
and/or the individual sending this e-mail on behalf of OTC of any of their
respective rights or privileges at law or otherwise, howsoever arising.