Re: Can I Automatically Insert Section Breaks?

Subject: Re: Can I Automatically Insert Section Breaks?
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sean Wheller" <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:18:32 +0530

On 10/18/06, Sean Wheller <sean -at- inwords -dot- co -dot- za> wrote:

> company... To be honest, if the OP had to include a spec as large as
> what you're hinting at, I would have run. Far and fast. :-)

Well the OP did post this same request on another list and there I did offer
to provide a solution at a cost. However, it seems that the OP wants it for
free.

I see.. thanks for the info about the post on the other list. And I'm
not surprised that the OP wanted it for free. A whole lot of people on
many lists (so far excluding this one) seem to carry the attitude that
other members are present merely to serve their personal needs. And in
double-quick time, at that!
A Linux User Group which I'm on has a few members that obdurately
refuse to answer questions I put to them designed to refine the
problem they are experiencing into something which can be answered by
me or other list members. Yet they will continue to post repeats of
their query, growing steadily more annoyed that they're not getting
answers.

This type of thinking really gets to me. Often when the OP does not have the
skill or expertise to do something, the resort is to requesting that other
people take the time to investigate and provide a solution Free Of Charge.
Since this is NOT an Open Source Project, I fail to see why anyone should
provide such a solution.

Exactly. There's a threshold between being neighborly and helpful and
doing serious work for someone else, for no benefit whatsoever.

For what it's worth there are a numbe rof network resources that hint at the
solution. Furthermore, I have already created the solution. It inserts
section breaks, testing for existing section break before inserting. It also
fixes headers/footer, page-layout, first page different, updates fields, etc.

Whoa! :-) That must have been a lot of work - and on speculation, too.
Sorry to hear that it's been mostly wasted.

But it seems that the OP wants all that for free :-) So Ned I hear you and
agree completely. OP must either get the skill to solve and develop the
solution or pay somebody to give the solution.
Anything more would be just taking advantage.

Given the full spec Ned mentions, and the work you say you've done...
that seems like a fair position to take.

Regards,
Ed.