Formatting entries in a FrameMaker List of Tables

Subject: Formatting entries in a FrameMaker List of Tables
From: "C L" <cll01821 -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:06:02 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone recognize the following problem as a known FrameMaker
issue? If so, can anyone recommend a workaround?

The Environment:

Our TableTitle paragraph tag produces this: TABLE 54. Activity Logging
tab settings

It uses this Autonumber Format: T:TABLE <n+>, with Character Format
"Emphasis" applied.

The Emphasis character tag is set to As Is for the Font Family,
Regular Angle, and Bold weight.

The List of Tables reference page used:

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType> <$ObjectId>

<$paranum> <$paratext>
.......................<$pagenum>

The Problem:

When we generated the List of Tables, "TABLE" was in bold, as we
wanted. However, the page number was not an active link; in fact,
"TABLE n" was active. We think that most users expect to click a page
number, not a table number.

In the course of troubleshooting the problem, we discovered, through
experimentation, that removing the Emphasis character tag from
$paranum solved the problem. That is, the page number became active.

However, "TABLE" is now back in the default font, rather than in
bold.

Is this a known FrameMaker issue or are we missing some simple fact
about how to do this? Are there any known workarounds?

Carol