Re: Content Management System versus Static (Dreamweaver)

Subject: Re: Content Management System versus Static (Dreamweaver)
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: Tracey Austin <Tracey -dot- Austin -at- hnhu -dot- org>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 07:16:29 -0400

Tracey Austin wrote:

We are currently using a CMS (Joomla) for our non-for-profit company
website (public health). We find the CMS to time consuming and not
reliable. Our .css continually gets dumped and simply posting a .pdf is
very time consuming. We are thinking about switching to Dreamweaver (we
currently use Adobe CS2 and RoboHelp for all else) but have been
cautioned against a static content site. Our site will have appx. 300
htm files and 100 pdf. Is Dreamweaver a wise choice? (Personally, I'd
like to roll the whole thing into a RoboHelp webhelp file!)

I used DreamWeaver MX for sites ranging up to 2000 HTML pages and hundreds of PDF user guides, data sheets, etc. without any problem with either .css or content updates. Getting/Putting files using DreamWeaver's built in FTP is also a snap.

Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt