Re: FrameMaker mis-using paragraph fonts

Subject: Re: FrameMaker mis-using paragraph fonts
From: Joe Malin <jmalin -at- jmalin -dot- com>
To: Jeff Scattini <jeff -dot- scattini -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:22:47 -0700

Dear Jeff,

I can help you out; I am pretty good at diagnosing FM problems. Before I
can do that, I would like you to be more specific about the circumstances.

You say that FM has "locked onto a style". Can you provide steps to
reproduce the problem? What part of the style is "locked in"?

Which version of FM are you using? Have you downloaded the latest
patches for it? Does this happen in all files, or just one?

When you say that you try to apply a different paragraph style, what
exactly do you do?

When you delete the style, what happens?

You said that you "modify the problem style into the my basic text font
with no luck." I am not sure what this means. Do you put the "basic text
font" into the problem style? What happens when you do? What font is it?

Joe