All about Dayton

Subject: All about Dayton
From: BC <bvconway -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "Techwr-L -at- Lists -dot- Techwr-L. Com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:37:55 -0700

I've been getting the same email each day (about jobs in Dayton, Ohio)
and
wondering if this is normal, even if it is to underwite the costs of the
list.

I'm not getting daily digests with everyone's posts and am curious as to
why this might be. Could it be everyone is too busy doing actual work
instead of posting, or they're "out of the office" or on retreat?

I expected to see heated (or at least vibrant) discussions of InDesign
and Framemaker,
how technical communication is changing, whether Information
Mapping is useful and how it differs from Structured Writing, how
badly TCs (Technical Communicators) are treated by software engineers,
the joys of XML and such.

Or, I could check (somehow) to see whether my digest settings are
correct.

Another topic:

Could someone suggest a good place to go after going through the
FrameMaker Classroom in a Book book. That is, what might be the
next logical level of learning, the next notch up into the heavenly
world of FM esotericism, or what other resources are available or

recommendable as a possible next level.

Additionally, what's the general word on Adobe InDesign, how is it
doing, where is it likely to go, are TCs getting increasing calls for
its use (in addition to Word and FM). I imagine this has been
covered at length on the list, so perhaps a few cut and pastes from
archives, once I figure it out.

Perhaps everyone is scrambling to get their resumes in order for
that job in Dayton, Ohio .

Regards

Bruce