RE: innovative methods of organization

Subject: RE: innovative methods of organization
From: "Kathy Bowman" <Kathy -dot- Bowman -at- saabsystems -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Tom Johnson" <lists -at- idratherbewriting -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:34:23 +0930

Hi Tom,
I have a friend (Mac user) who scatters all his electronic files over
his desk top. I occasionally help him, and it drives me NUTS. I don't
know how he finds things, and I have had to send him copies of files
more than once!

I use folders, for email, electronic files and paper files. Sometimes I
lose the paper war for a time, but I can always recover. I have a long
list of folders, but it works. Some folders have a lot of sub-folders. I
also believe in big hard drives, and a good back up strategy.

I take a LOT of photographs, and file these in folders chronologically,
using a sequence number at the beginning of each folder name. I will
often add extra info to the folder name to assist me finding specific
images later, and it serves me well.

Regards,

Kath Bowman

Technical Writer