Re: Question on Working With a New Documentation Supervisor - PleaseHelp

Subject: Re: Question on Working With a New Documentation Supervisor - PleaseHelp
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Anthony" <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:02:47 -0800

Good advice posted so far by others, so this should be seen
as an addition, not a disagreement. If your perceptions of
this new manager prove to be accurate, be prepared for the
possibility that you may not be able to do anything to "make
the best of it." My previous company brought in a new director and did a reorg that resulted in my group reporting
to him. After a year of trying to "make the best of it," it
became clear to me that "the best" was none too good and
it was time to move on.

So my advice is to keep *all* your options open. Have your resume, your network and your jobhunting skills
tuned and ready to go, and if you get any headhunter calls
don't dismiss them with a "no thanks, I'm not looking"
without giving them a fair hearing.
Gene Kim-Eng.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony" <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>

He behaves as if he does not know how to manage people
and it is starting to worry me. I have built a superb
reputation at my company and fear this man may hurt
this with the way he conducts himself. I've never had
to work for or deal with someone with such a
micromanagement personality combined with an inability
to manage. Quite frankly I think he is scared of me
as he has a very meek personality and I have been
described as having a very commanding and forceful
presence.

How should I approach him and this situation to make
the best of it?

I've never worked with someone like this in my life.