Re: On Getting Per Diem

Subject: Re: On Getting Per Diem
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:26:22 -0500

Ned Bedinger wrote:

Richard Lewis wrote:

Hi all:

<snip>

fake a language barrier problem to avoid any discussion of the issue.

I wonder if anyone else besides Richard has run into this? Are you impeded by a language barrier in your negotiations (or your day-to-day communications) with tech writing contract agencies?

Not to slam those who use English as a second language, but YEP. I've had several recruiters leave barely legible voicemail messages asking me to send them my resume to them for some short term job halfway across the continent, after telling me that after reading my resume, I might be a great fit for the job...an entry level position with a "major technology company." The DELETE key is a wonderful invention.

Al
--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt