Anybody using TechTav macros?

Subject: Anybody using TechTav macros?
From: "Tammy Van Boening" <tvanboening -at- insureworx -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:13:52 -0700

All,
I have downloaded TechTav's Word macros (there are two) and created a
template in Word with these macros. (These macros are used to replace
features and automate work in Word for Windows 6/7/97/2000/2003/XP. It
completely replaces the Master Document, Auto Numbering,
AutoHeadingNumbering, Insert Captions and Insert Cross-Reference
features. TechTav Macros allow you to number pages, figures and tables
across files as well.) We are using Word 2003, and even tho' the most
recent macros are listed as for Word 2000, all seems to be working as
expected; however, I have a few questions:
1.) Because Word is not recognizing the macros as being from a trusted
source (I guess the publisher encryption is not there), the only way we
could get the macros to enable on our systems here was to set the macro
security to Medium. As a result, every time we start up Word, we get the
prompt TWICE to enable the macros and it's a pain to my users. Is there
a way to get rid of this at all using Medium macro security? I cannot
set security to Low as per an IT policy and the only compromise that
would allow me to still use your macros and keep IT happy was to set the
security to medium.
2.) This really becomes an issue when my users launch Outlook because
they use Word as their editor. When they launch Outlook, Word therefore
also launches, and they have to answer to the prompts before they can
even use Outlook.
Any and all advice that you can offer would be most appreciated as my
users really need these templates and these macros, but they are really
grumbling about the inconvenience of all the prompts.

Tammy L. Van Boening
Engineering Technical Writer
Fiserv Insurance Solutions
303-729-7733
tvanboening -at- insureworx -dot- com
Keep smiling, at least until you get your own way.