Re: Too old?

Subject: Re: Too old?
From: Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:03:24 -0600 (CST)

>Ted Fleischman wrote:

>At some point everyone of us will be old, and some day
>we will be too old.

Okay, so far I'm not seeing a Disney ending to this.

>Too old to hit a double

So bunt the run in, ya big glory hog.

>too old to drive a car

That will never happen, as long as they widen the lanes on the freeway to 25 feet.

>and too old to be a technical writer.

I just look at being a tech writer as practice for when I retire and sit on my porch telling kids to get the hell off my lawn.

>Some day you might ask yourself how old am I?

Seriously Ted, you may want to consider Gingko Biloba in your diet.

>What are my strengths and weaknesses?

Depends on how old I am. My strength will probably be in getting a really cute nurse to give me a sponge bath. My weakness will probably be that I've forgotten what a really cute nurse looks like.

>Can I still put in a 60-70 hour week and meet the latest >emergency?

Jeez, are you doing that now? If I work an hour over 40 I become may favorite dwarf from Snow White. The first person who makes a Dopey joke...

>Can I use my wisdom to avoid emergencies?

No, use the Force.

>When will I quit being a tech writer?

When we stop finding your posts amusing.

>Or, will I die with my boots on?

You need to talk to Melissa about what a tech writer does because I never wear boots. Now, if you wanna talk about casual Fridays...

<http://www.clownscharacters.com/htmls/scooterpie_hhranch_clown.jpg>