RE: What are you working on?

Subject: RE: What are you working on?
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:55:19 -0500

Right now, I am working on putting together a requirements list for a new
project. I am also researching a group of components for a new product we
are thinking of developing, and updating an SVD (software version
description) as necessary. All this while trying to get an annoying Youtube
song out of my head that the developer next to me keeps playing. :)

Melissa

From: "Jessica Weissman" <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:25:34 -0500
>I am:
>
>Doing support for a group to whom we have outsourced a chunk of
>development, at the direct bidding of a vice president. For this task I
>have to pester various extremely busy people, bend some rules, and make
>some stuff up.
>
>Attempting to keep our API manual up to date as the framework changes
>daily, and serving as proxy external developer for some of the guys who
>are changing syntax. They think that if I understand it most of the
>outside developers will. Whether this is flattering or not is your
>call.
>
>Trying to finish installing Workshare and Deltaview so I have a reliable
>method for doing document comparisons and tracking multiple revisions.
>
>Working on a document repository structure to be housed in Perforce so
>the developers and managers can always find the current version of a
>document and the most recent comments draft.
>
>Reading up on JavaScript so I can decipher some of our code.
>
>Dodging the bits of rubber brain that are tossed over the cubicle walls,
>and tossing bits back over the wall. This comes under the heading of
>camaraderie promotion. Since they're finally letting me sit with the
>developers I have to justify taking up the cube, and rubber brain
>tossing seems to work.
>
>Eavesdropping as UI programmers discuss a proposed change so I'll be
>ready to document it when the time comes.
>
>Dodging one of the marketing guys who keeps hosing his copy of Word
>after I fix it up for him. After the fourth round I am reluctant to go
>back into that particular ring.
>
>Jessica Weissman

>WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
>format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
>delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
>Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/melmis36%40hotmail.com