Re: Untraveling Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Untraveling Tech Writer
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:32:42 -0500

I'm with Suzanne on this one...although the motorhome stuff sounds great
too.
I'm currently working out of the house for two clients. Both are short term
gigs; although, one is already leading into a second contract. I like
working out of the house because my creative juices have never turned on and
off according to a normal work schedule. I can also sit out in the living
room with a log crackling in the fireplace and my wife nearby reading a
book, or catching up on the latest gizmos from HGTV or Iron Chef
America......and me on the recliner with the laptop catching up on some last
minute editing. During the day, I can take breaks while watching the
Cardinals, sparrows, chickadees and Blue Jays buzz around the feeders while
the squirrels try to figure out a way past the "Squirrel Blockers."
The beauty of the relationship I have with my clients is they could care
less where I do the work because I always meet deadlines and I always
accommodate their last minute changes, even when I was visiting the grand
kids in Michigan (my clients are in Vermont).
I don't work every evening; although, I do put in a lot of 12 hour days. I
am active (and getting more active) i the local art scene and we do a lot of
stuff on the weekends. That really helps drive away those lonely home office
blues.
I've also found that drinking moderate quantities of excellent Vermont micro
brews is effective....something you can't do driving to your next gig in the
Mini Wini...
Al

--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: [1]al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com

See also:
cards for all occasions)
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to
answer "Present" or "Not guilty.""
Theodore Roosevelt