RE: User feedback? (was 5 users in a room), Take II

Subject: RE: User feedback? (was 5 users in a room), Take II
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:55:07 -0000

> If the manager doubts the seriousness of the problem,
> try leaving a howling error in the middle of the docs, where even a
> casual reader will find it--if nobody reports the error, you've got
> all the proof you need that they're not doing their jobs.

That reminds me of a great story I heard some years ago while working at a
telecomms company in the UK. Somebody at the company's factory in South
Wales had to prepare a monthly report of some kind for HQ in London. He
never got any kind of response, and so one month, apart from the covers, he
wrote the entire report in Welsh.

Still no response, at which point he very sensibly decided that he didn't
need to produce the report any more :-)

Regards
Jonathan West